Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reflection

In this class I learned how to incorporate technology to create authentic and creative lessons for my students. Technology can be a great learning tool for students if use correctly. Technology is a great tool for students to maximize their knowledge about the content, and provide them with meaningful engagement in the curriculum. The use of technology can benefit all learners and provide students with real world learning experiences. When student are taking information and applying it to real world situations the learning experience is more meaningful and technology allows for this. Students are able to communicate with others about the content outside of the classroom and they are also able to share the information they have learned. Collaboration is great way for students to strengthen and build upon their current knowledge. Through creating my game plan I realize how great of a tool technology can be in the classroom and how much my student can learn from it. Incorporating the project-based assignments gave student the control of their learning and allowed them to express their learning in creative formats, rather giving a multiple choice test. I do plan on creating more project based assignments for the upcoming school year.  The only thing I would change about my game plan is creating assessment check points to ensure students are learning the appropriate material. As an end of the year project I will select various standards for my students to create a digital storytelling on. I will select the best storytelling and incorporate them into my lesson for the upcoming school year. This school year is basically over because the students take the state test this week and new material is not taught. During this time I like to select key skills that student must  mastered to be successful in the next grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment