Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Monitoring Your GAME Plan Progress

I’m currently finding the resources needed to carry out my game plan. I have difficulty finding activities that aren’t game or quiz based. I haven’t checked out one of the sites that were recommended to me. It may have some available resources, since the website have flipcharts for the smart board.  I don’t think my game plan needs to be modified. I want to learn new ways to teach the various parts of speech rather than skill and drill. I want my student to interact with the information creatively. So far I have learned that its important to be part of a group to share ideas and links. I have had so many wonderful ideas shared with me about where I can locate information. It makes it easier to reach the needs of all students when I don’t have to spend hours searching the internet for ideas.  I also learned that it’s important to teach students to become self-directed learners.

3 comments:

  1. Alicia,

    I might be able to help you find some resources. I am not sure what grade level you teach, but a teacher at my site has a great website with a wealth of information spanning k-5 grade levels. The site has interactive SMARTboard activities. The website is mrholshoe.com. I hope there is something that can help your students interact with the information. Let me know if it is helpful!

    Marisa Roberts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes time is hard when you are balancing working, school, and a personal life. If you want help finding resources, please let me know. Thank you Alicia for sharing mrholshoe.com. I will have to look into this website. The Smart Board website I love is smartexchange.com. There are hundreds of pre-made lessons that are sorted by grade level, standards, and topic. I find myself modifying the lesson to fit my student's needs. Best wishes in your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alicia,

    Great blog post! It sounds like you have a good grasp on your GAME plan and what you want to accomplish. It's exciting to create my own GAME plan and see my progress, but even more exciting to observe fellow teachers carrying-out and monitoring their own GAME plan. Best of luck to you! :)

    ReplyDelete